View Single Post
01-15-2008, 01:34 PM
ffppro
Pro Shooter

Gallery: 14
I see that you are making good use of those Hensel lights you just got

Here is some C&C:

#1: The crop is too aggressive. Tight crops are good, but you are too close on this one. The lighting in this shot is the best out of all the others. By the catch lights I can see that you are using umbrellas. I know that the kit that you bought came with a small softbox. Try the box for nicer shadows. Also, this image is very soft. I am not sure if it was shot soft or it's just your post processing, but it's soft.

#2: Not bad. The lighting is a bit on a flat side for my taste. I am also not happy with the pose or the composition. The left shoulder is too far forward for this pose, and the head is overly tilted.

#3: The lighting is very flat. More contrast between the main and the fill is needed. The pose is not very flattering to Lisa. Her hips should be at about a 45 degree angle to the camera to make her look a bit skinnier. This pose makes her look like she has a beer belly. Last but not least: GET RID OF THE HAIR TIE ON HER WRIST! PAY ATTENTION TO DETAILS!!!

#4: You cut the poor kid's fingers off! The lighting is once again flat. The composition and cropping is way off. Don't cut off fingers and toes. Don't crop at joints (elbows, wrists, knees, ankles), it makes your models look like amputees.

Overall, a major improvement from your previous posts.
My tools:
Canon 5d w/grip
Canon 85mm f/1.2 L
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
Canon 24-105mm f/4 L
Lots of Hensel Lights
----------------------------------------