LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
01-05-2008, 07:14 AM
Super Moderator

Gallery: 30
Asura Processed
This is my first processed image of Asura with PS7....

-Bill

My Tools
Nikon D200 w/MB Grip
18-200MM
12-24MM
85MM
SB800SL
Hensel Lights
Chimera SoftBox
Advertisement
01-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Founder

Gallery: 2
From the frowny face on your post I assume you are not happy with it. Anything in particular you are wanting to know or are you looking for advise as the what to do next?

Raven

01-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator

Raven

Yes This was a commercial shoot I did at a show and had to use a flash and there are a few things I still want to correct
here like:

-shadows under her chin
-Neck Rinkles

-BILL

My Tools
Nikon D200 w/MB Grip
18-200MM
12-24MM
85MM
SB800SL
Hensel Lights
Chimera SoftBox

Last edited by bill schuman : 01-05-2008 at 04:10 PM.
01-06-2008, 01:46 AM
Founder

Well if you are using PS7 (Same program I use) the healing brush will be your friend where the wrinkles and blemishes are concerned, the shadow under her chin might be able to be dodged but you might try something like Fred Mirandas Shadow Recovery Pro or something similar that.

Anyway, just thought I'd throw in my .02 and see if it sparked anything for you!

Good Luck

R

EDIT: Oh and one thing that really drives me bonkers is multiple "lights" in the eyes, get rid of one of the catch lights....
01-06-2008, 05:08 AM
Super Moderator

Thats fine thats why I post her to get the cc and the .02, I did use this to correct the under eye and blemishes. But this did not do well under the chin, and the dodge tool was even worse. So I will look into youo recom... Thanks

I'll see what I can do about the catch lights hmmm.

-Bill

My Tools
Nikon D200 w/MB Grip
18-200MM
12-24MM
85MM
SB800SL
Hensel Lights
Chimera SoftBox
01-06-2008, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Well I worked on Asura some more to fix a few of the details that still stuck out to me and a few others. I did take more time with healing and was able to get the neck to match and removed the eye elements... I will check into the shadow remover.... Thanks

-Bill

My Tools
Nikon D200 w/MB Grip
18-200MM
12-24MM
85MM
SB800SL
Hensel Lights
Chimera SoftBox

Last edited by bill schuman : 01-06-2008 at 04:59 PM.
01-06-2008, 11:29 AM
Founder

Oops,

Pehaps you misunderstood me on the eyes. There were two distinct points of light in each eye. I was alwayys taught there should be only ONE, so I always try to set up my lighting to (if you'll excuse the pun) reflect that. I learned about this in the pre-photoshop days when you had to get it right or spot. Nowadays people can be more lazy about this and take out the extra lights but you should leave one light in each eye so they don't seem dead. Usually when I am taking out extra highlights or fixing blemises I use the patch tool rather than the healing brush, and yeah working on the wrinkles takes time and patience.

R
01-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Pro Shooter

Gallery: 14
If you go to your local news stand and grab a copy of FHM / Cosmo / Maxum / Whatever and look at the catch lights in the model's eyes, 90% of the time you will find more then 1 catch light. There is no problem with having multiple catch lights in either fashion or glamour shoots. I don't do commercial shoots, but I would assume that the same goes for commercial work.

Bill: In my opinion, the original picture does not warrant retouching. It's a plain and simple commercial shot, although too soft for my taste. Also, white balance is way off. Apply some Unsharp mask and fix the WB using the background as your reference.

Also, when you upload pictures to the site, resize them to fit in a 800 x 800 box (longest side 800) for it to be viewable properly.
My tools:
Canon 1Ds Mark III
Canon 85mm f/1.2 L
Canon 24-70mm f/2.8 L
Canon 70-200mm f/2.8 L
Canon 24-105mm f/4 L
Lots of Hensel Lights

----------------------------------------
01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Founder

Originally Posted by ffppro
If you go to your local news stand and grab a copy of FHM / Cosmo / Maxum / Whatever and look at the catch lights in the model's eyes, 90% of the time you will find more then 1 catch light. There is no problem with having multiple catch lights in either fashion or glamour shoots.
Like I said before I am expressing a personal thing that is a hold over from my time in college. For me it simply a matter of professional pride to maintain the illusion of a point source of light. I certainly didn't intend it as a proclamation of whats wrong in the industry (though I still find it bothers me even in the fashion and glamour stuff I see. Used to make my sister nuts because I'd spot the eyes of the school portait photos of my nieces she'd mail me for my wall...)

Like I said before, just my .02 I am glad others are throwing into the pot. Now we're up to .04 right....?

R
01-06-2008, 04:20 PM
Super Moderator

OK Thanks.... back to the bat cave.

-Bill

My Tools
Nikon D200 w/MB Grip
18-200MM
12-24MM
85MM
SB800SL